What is the Innovation Station?
The Innovation Station is your opportunity to shout to the industry about how great your product or service idea is and how it will impact the food of tomorrow.
The Top 5 selected companies/innovators will be showcased at the BioKansas’ signature event, FutureKC: The Future of Food, which will be held on November 22. The goal of this event is to highlight disruptors and innovative technologies that have the potential to impact the future of how we feed the world, with an emphasis on growing population and protein demand.
The Innovation Station award will provide around 300 community stakeholders and business leaders in the food science, agriculture, and biotechnology space with the opportunity to have an interactive experience with your exciting company or technology.
- 5 selected companies/innovations will be announced before the FutureKC event on BioKansas’ social media channels and through media/marketing efforts.
- Winners receive 2 tickets for the FutureKC: The Future of Food event.
- Use of the BioKansas Innovation Station award winner logo for social media/marketing purposes.
- Logo placement and company information on the BioKansas FutureKC website.
How to apply?
Applying for Innovation Station is pretty painless. Just tell us a bit about your company and innovative product idea. Winners are chosen by a team of experts across various industries.
- Fill out the initial application.
- Finalists will be selected based on the initial application.
- Finalists may be asked to submit additional product details for final selection.
- Judges will review the finalists and select 5 winners.
What’s the timing?
- Apply now through September 12.
- Winners will be notified in late September.
- Winners will showcase their innovation at the FutureKC: The Future of Food on Nov. 22, 2019.
- Ideas can be submitted in any stage of development, from the initial idea stage to already operational businesses.
- Individuals/companies can submit more than one idea.
- The showcase space at the FutureKC event is an 8'x8' area that you can use to provide an immersive and interactive experience for audience members to interface with your innovation.
Please reach out to Alex Erwin or Matt Falk with any questions.