- From the subtle to the essential, acquire tools and techniques to help you become a consistently good presenter
- More effectively deliver prepared & impromptu presentations with confidence
- Learn how to convey complex topics to diverse audiences and tailor your messaging for maximum impact
- Deliver a message that generates interest as well as engages and motivates your audience
- Learn how to convey credibility, establish trust and build a connection with your audience
- Revise and improve upon a presentation you have given or are preparing to give
Who it's for:
Technical professionals with limited prior training in giving oral presentations.
Ellen Lowery, D.V.M., Ph.D., MBA, is a professor of practice in animal health at K-State Olathe. Dr. Lowery has more than 20 years of regional industry experience from her time at Hill's Pet Nutrition where she was the director of the U.S. Professional and Veterinary Affairs department. Her industry roles have spanned scientific research, marketing, consulting, customer development, and professional development.
- $250 for BioKansas members
- $325 for Non-members
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
8:00 Check-in, networking, refreshments
Overview and Objectives
Learning Activities –Introductions and Assessments
The Craft of Presentations
10:15 Overcoming Nervousness
Impromptu Speaking and Developing Your Elevator Speech
12:00 Lunch (provided on-site)
12:30 Post-Lunch Activity
Managing Challenging Situations and Q&A
2:45 Presentation Practice and Feedback
4:15 Closing and Evaluations
BioKansas scholarships for students and postdocs are available. Please apply here by August 1st.
Cancellations less than 10 business days prior to class start date will not be eligible for refund. Cancellation requests must be sent via email to email@example.com.
Also check out Effective Presentation Design for Technical Professionals on September 12th (additional discount available if registering for both classes).
This 1/2 day workshop will guide attendees on how to maximize the effectiveness and impact of their presentation through graphics and slide design improvement.
Who it's for: Technical professionals from early to advanced career looking to improve presentation design
Cost: BioKansas Members: $125, Non-members: $150