Welcome to the NEW BioKansas website! You may have noticed more emails from Matt and I over the past few months, as we have put more focus on keeping our members current on the latest events and news relevant to our industry. In addition to finding notes from us in your inbox more often, we’ve worked hard to build a website that will highlight the region, the work BioKansas does to strengthen the climate for science and research both locally and nationally, and the amazing members we have that are changing the world through research and innovation. Here are just a few highlights you’ll begin to see on the website and in your inbox:
- Blog entries (like this one), as well as guest blog posts from others who actually know how to write and have more important things to say. If you are interested in writing a post about a topic relevant to the regional life science community, please contact us.
- More up-to-date content, including industry news from local, regional and national sources
- BioKansas events with online registration, attendee lists and event recaps/photos
- A community calendar that includes events from partner and community organizations around the region
- A career center that includes both local and national opportunities
- Legislative updates and ways to take a more active role in science advocacy at both the state and federal levels
Matt and I are very excited to engage more of our members and more employees of our member organizations. Soon you’ll see us organizing events focused on different functional areas of industry, including life science HR, supply chain and diversity. And you’ll see more efforts to involve scientists from all levels in outreach to and education of legislators and other decision makers. As the non-profit with the largest life science and healthcare membership in the region and now a new website and more comprehensive set of engagement tools, BioKansas is delivering on our mission To Connect, Educate and Advocate!